9.23.2011

20 Years of Nevermind


Time really does fly.  Tomorrow marks the 20 year anniversary of the original release of Nirvana's Nevermind.  My first thought was 'I can't believe it's been 20 years.'  Just like I could not believe that on September 13th it had been 15 years since the death of hip hop Icon Tupac Shakur.  And it's already been 15 years since lead singer of Nirvana Kurt Cobain was found dead in his home. 

Way to start off a blog post...


I don't think I have to write about how Nirvana/ Cobain changed the music scene and captivated an entire generation, it's been done to death.  What I will say is that to this day Kurt Cobain remains one of the most compelling artists that I have ever come across.  Was he a tortured artist? Was he pretentious? Self loathing? Yeah. All those things.

He had a well documented history with substance abuse [heroin] and often seemed depressed.  But he made great music!  And we were robbed of more.  He said in one of his last interviews that he wanted to do some solo acoustic music....how f'n amazing could that have been?!  

But, if all we are left with is his Nirvana offerings....that will do just fine.



Like BRASH Fitness on Facebook


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Human Trainer Essential Kit