9.02.2011

Don't Drink Coke, Inject It!

Look, I don't like to tell people what to do, I hate being told what to, but when someone asks me for advice or asks me about my personal nutrition and training routines I am obligated to share, its part of the oath I took when passing the bar....


A couple of weeks ago after a softball game, some friends and I went to a sandwich shop to grab a bite to eat.  Two of them got soda, one being coke, the other guy bought a pitcher of beer and of course I had my bottle of water.  We shared a couple of laughs over my water drinking, one day when I grow up and become a man type of stuff.  We talked about drinking sodas and they mentioned they were trying not to drink so much beer, blah, blah, blah.  My response was quick and easy, first drop the pop then worry about the beer.


Below is a timeline of the effects of coke on your body.  It was given to me by one of my coaches.  I haven't had coke in 10 years but I share points from this article whenever it comes up.


What Happens to Your Body Within an Hour of Drinking a Coke


Do you want to be healthy? Drinking soda is bad for your health in so many ways; science
can’t even state all the consequences. Here’s what happens in your body when you assault
it with a Coke:


Within the first 10 minutes, 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. This is 100 percent of
your recommended daily intake, and the only reason you don’t vomit as a result of the
overwhelming sweetness is because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor.



Within 20 minutes, your blood sugar spikes, and your liver responds to the resulting insulin
burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.



Within 40 minutes, caffeine absorption is complete; your pupils dilate, your blood pressure
rises, and your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream.


Around 45 minutes, your body increases dopamine production, which stimulates the
pleasure centers of your brain – a physically identical response to that of heroin, by the
way.


After 60 Minutes, the caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to
pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that
was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.


>60 minutes,as the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may
become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, peed away all the water that
was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have
used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones
and teeth.


Don't Even Think of Drinking Diet Pop I know conventional doctors and dieticians tell
you its okay given zero calories. But, nothing could be further from the truth. Diet coke is
sweetened with aspartame, an artificial sweetener that is an excitotoxin. It has over 92 side
effects including learning and behavioral problems. See link for more info.
Aspartame: Sweet Poison . Even though the claim is that you are not ingesting any calories, in fact it will create cravings and you will likely eat more refined carbohydrates. It is also higher in caffeine than regular coke, therefore as previously mentioned will cause a spike in blood sugar levels. The phosphoric acid in pop may also interfere with the body’s ability to use calcium which can lead to softening of the teeth and bones.


Now who wants a rum and coke?


AC
[BLS Member]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Human Trainer Essential Kit