8.25.2011

1000 Rep Challenge and the Green Monster

Before last nights group class I sent out a teaser message, 'tonight's class is brought to you by the number 100."


Of course when I arrived everyone wanted to know what I meant, some were not excited...all were not excited.  The concept was simple: perform 10 exercises for 10 reps.  At the end of one round that would total 100 reps.  Fair enough if that was the end of the workout, but it wasn't.  The objective was to complete each of the 10 exercises 10 times totaling 100 reps per exercises in the circuit, thus completing 1000 repetitions.  Oh yeah.


This was the circuit:
Squats
Push ups
Jumping Jacks
Lunges [10 on each leg]
Mountain climbers
Leg Raises
Hip raises
Side Lunges [5 on each side]
Burpees


I got a lot of slack for smiling during the session.  I can't help that I love what I do!  I can't help that I love watching people go from thinking they can't do something to not wanting to stop because they are so close to their goal.


The goal was 1000 reps and we came oh so close.  Most got to 800, with a couple tapping out at 700.  Grand total for the class was 4600 total reps.  And mind you this was all after a 15min warm up that included burpees, bear crawls, crab walks, chasing a reaction ball and jogging.    


I was beaming, very impressed with the effort and will of the ladies.  That is why next week we're going on  a field trip.  We're going to the Green Monster.  Not the world famous Green Monster located at Fenway Park home of the Boston Red Sox. No.  My Green Monster home of hill sprints, walking lunges up hill and various other torturous exercises. 


See you there!

AC
[BLS Member]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Human Trainer Essential Kit