8.22.2011

Bones Says Relax

There are certain rules I incorporate into my life to help me stay focused.  You can see the list of rules here.  I'm going to start with 13- Meditate.  The rules are not actually numbered, there is no hierarchy, they are all equally important.


I'm a big fan of MMA [mixed martial arts] not so much for the fighting, but I respect the training, the discipline these athletes encompass.  One of my new favourite fighters is Jon 'Bones' Jones the current UFC Light Heavyweight champion.  I recently watched a video where he discusses meditation and visualization.  When talking about visualization he brings up a very interesting point.  He doesn't visualize the outcome or end of the fight but rather the closing moments, seconds leading up to the end of the fight.  


Meditation, visualization and relaxation are all techniques that I have been trying to incorporate regularly into my day.  Sit in a quiet room, better yet get away from your house or work.  Go to a park, down to the beach, or up on a hill, just get away from what might be making you stressed/ overwhelmed and just sit quietly.  Slow your breathing, think, don't think, clear your mind that is completely up to you.   


Try it.  5, 10, 15 minutes is all you need.

AC
[BLS Member]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Human Trainer Essential Kit