10.26.2011

Week of CrossFit


So, maybe I jumped the gun a bit.  I posted a blog earlier in the week about CrossFit with some excerpts from an article in Men's Health magazine.  In my blog I stated that I do not CrossFit nor will I ever be a CrossFitter.  I've tried just about every form of exercise, I've done my research and tried various video workouts like P90X, Insanity, etc.  So why would I not give the world's leading training system a go?  

Here's the plan:  Next week I will abandon my usual training routine, throw caution to the wind and do only CrossFit WOD's [workout of the day].  After my usual warm up and some practice lifts I will jump head first into 4 WOD's that I plucked off the CrossFit website.

Day 1
21-15 and 9 rep rounds of:
Left-arm Kettlebell snatch, 1.5 pood [16kg]
Right-arm Kettlebell snatch, 1.5 pood [16kg]
Pull-ups
Record and post your time.


Day 2
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats




Day 3
Complete 40 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest. Perform 8 consecutive intervals of each of the following exercises:
Wall-ball 20 lbs ball , 10ft target [reps]
Sumo deadlift high pull 75lbs [reps]
Box jump 20" box [reps]
Push press 75lbs [reps]


Day 4
Five rounds for time of:
Run 200 meters
20 Pull-ups
Run 200 meters
20 Push-ups
Run 200 meters
20 Sit-ups
Run 200 meters
20 Squats

I will post my results and a blog about my week of CrossFit the following week.  Day 4 will definitely be the roughest.  Where's the bucket Pukie?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Human Trainer Essential Kit